New installation of Windows 7 not updatable.

Diskutiere und helfe bei New installation of Windows 7 not updatable. im Bereich Windows 7 im SysProfile Forum bei einer Lösung; Hello, after installing Windows 7 Home Premium on an old PC it can't run 8.1 or 10 I can't seem to update it. I have looked for help and tried to... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 7" wurde erstellt von Jutsuma, 27. November 2020.

1. Jutsuma
    Jutsuma Gast

Hello,

after installing Windows 7 Home Premium on an old PC it can't run 8.1 or 10 I can't seem to update it.

I have looked for help and tried to install the update packs Microsoft provides,

but the installation disk is from 2011 and doesn't seem to include Service Pack 1.

That wouldn't be a problem, if the website Microsoft links to, to download the update to SP1 would exist.
    I only get a 404 not found error and a message that the site no longer seems to exist.

Even the tools, that are supposed to update the Windows Update software say, that they are not for this system.

Yes, I did check if I downloaded the right ones. I have a 64-Bit version, that the hardware supports.

If it's of any importance: It's a German version.

I even rifled through the update archive, but I can't understand what update I am supposed to download.

I am defenitely NOT going to take the time to download every singe one of the over 900 updates,

that are shown to be related to Windows 7, because that would take forever and even longer to install correctly.

I would be very thankful, if someone could provide me with a download of updates,

that at least make the Windows Update work, so I can install the existing updates.

I've spent hours >4 on this and am not only out of ideas, but also REALLY frustrated by now.
    I am not interested in shady third party websites and I really expect from Microsoft to be able to make their software at least functional if they still offer the update service for Windows XP.

I just wanted to get a freshly installed Windows 7 version up-to-date.

Thank you very much for reading and thank you even more for maybe having a helpful answer.

Have a nice day!

Thema:

New installation of Windows 7 not updatable.

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden